About OOIDA Foundation
The OOIDA Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Corporation, incorporated on March 28, 1991. The purpose for which the Corporation is organized are to fund and sponsor research concerning economic and safety issues affecting the motor carrier industry. The OOIDA Foundation is unique in that research and safety issues are viewed from the professional driver’s perspective.
The OOIDA Foundation, Inc. is an affiliate of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association which allows it access to owner-operators and drivers in all states and Canada. The Mission Statement of the Foundation is to fight for the rights of truckers and does so through research and education.
The OOIDA Foundation is or has been involved with:
- The Transportation Research Board serving on several committees.
- OOIDA Foundation is a representative to the Research Advisory Committee of the American Transportation Research Institute.
- Consultant to the Dedicated Truck Lanes Feasibility Study Consultant Team.
- Member of the Transportation, Warehousing, and Utilities Sector Council.
- Participates as a member of the Associate Advisory Committee for the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance.
- Been actively involved with the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health on driver health issues
- SmartWay Partner in administering grant funds for APUs.
- Department of Homeland Security through the First Observer Program.
- TRACER, OOIDA’s internal alert system.
OOIDA Foundation personnel have testified before subcommittees in Congress and provincial committees in Canada as representatives of the owner-operators and drivers segment of the trucking industry.