Academia, lawmakers, and regulators often look at the trucking industry from the 30,000-foot level. However, the OOIDA Foundation (OOFI) believes it’s important to examine trucking from the driver’s seat by looking through the windshield, six feet up from the pavement.
To accomplish this task, OOFI began distributing educational bulletins, or as we like to call them, “Dispatches,” to OOIDA members. We dispatched our first bulletin on December 15, 2021 and haven’t looked back since.
We currently offer two dispatches a month.
- Trucker Success highlights information and tools that will help assist members on the road to success.
- Trucker Reality helps truckers see past the marketing material and the pie in the sky mentality by examining the “realities of trucking.”
Would like to subscribe? Send an email to [email protected].
This dispatch highlights a variety of information and tools:
- The typical day for an owner-operator
- New driver training rule almost here…finally
- Freight Rates
- What you need to know about Fuel Surcharge
- OOIDA opposes speed limiters
- The OOIDA Foundation speaks at the MCVSS
- Trucking Market Update
- Volume is elevated, but rates are dropping… what gives…
- Truck capacity loosens ahead of peak shipping season
- Excess capacity pushes rates downward
This dispatch helps truckers examine current issues through the realities of trucking:
- Welcome to Trucker Reality
- How close are autonomous trucks
- Diesel Prices are on the rise, can you survive
- Are we headed toward a freight recession
- Big carriers announce record revenues
- ATA’s myths and facts vs reality
- AB5 and Underride
- Questions for factoring companies
- What exactly is double brokering